About this course
This course is part of a series of six courses to help you prepare for Microsoft’s Azure Developer certification exam AZ-203: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure. These courses are designed for developers who already know how to code in at least one of the Azure-supported languages.
In this course students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to include Azure authentication and authorization services in their development solutions. Students will learn how identity is managed and utilized in Azure solutions by using the Microsoft identity platform. Students will also learn about access control (claims-based authorization and role-based access control) and how to implement secure data solutions. Throughout the course students learn how to create and integrate these resources by using the Azure CLI, REST, and application code.
What you'll learn
- Understand the architecture of the Microsoft identity platform
- Be able to implement OAuth2 authentication in their solutions
- Be able to use Azure Key Vault to store and retrieve authentication information
- Learn how to use claims-based authorization in their development solutions
- How to manage access to resources using RBAC through the REST API
- Understand encryption options
- Learn how to encrypt data with Transparent Data Encryption
- Manage and utilize encryption keys by using the Azure key Vault
Students should have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a fundamental knowledge of Azure.
It is recommended that students have some experience with PowerShell or Azure CLI, working in the Azure portal, and with at least one Azure-supported programming language. Most of the examples in this course are presented in C\# .NET.
Module 1: Implement authentication
- Microsoft identity platform
- Implement OAuth2 authentication
- Implement managed identities for Azure resources
- Implement authentication by using certificates, forms-based authentication, or tokens
- Implement multi-factor authentication
Module 2: Implement access control
- Claims-based authorization
- Role-based access control (RBAC) authorization
Module 3: Implement secure data solutions
- Encryption options
- End-to-end encryption
- Implement Azure confidential computing
- Manage cryptographic keys in Azure Key Vault