About this course
This course is part of a series of six courses to help you prepare for Microsoft’s Azure Developer certification exam AZ-203: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure. These courses are designed for developers who already know how to code in at least one of the Azure-supported languages.
In this course students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to leverage Azure storage services and features in their development solutions. It covers Azure Table storage, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Blob, and developing against relational databases in Azure.
What you'll learn
- Understand the features and uses of Azure Table storage
- Know how to utilize Shared Key authorization
- Know how to use the Azure Table storage REST service to manage data
- Understand core features and functionality of Azure Cosmos DB
- Be able to manage containers and items
- Be able to create and update documents
- Know how the Azure SQL Database service works
- Be able to perform database operations by using code
- Understand when and why to use Azure Blob storage
- Know how to set and retrieve Blob storage properties and metadata
- Know how to replicate and copy Blobs
Students should have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a fundamental knowledge of Azure.
It is recommended that students have some experience with PowerShell or Azure CLI, working in the Azure portal, and with at least one Azure-supported programming language. Most of the examples in this course are presented in C\# .NET.
Module 1: Develop solutions that use Azure Table storage
- Azure Table storage overview
- Authorization in Table storage
- Table service REST API
Module 2: Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB storage
- Azure Cosmos DB overview
- Managing containers and items
- Create and update documents by using code
Module 3: Develop solutions that use a relational database
- Azure SQL overview
- Create, read, update, and delete database tables by using code
Module 4: Develop solutions that use Microsoft Azure Blob storage
- Azure Blob storage overview
- Working with Azure Blob storage